Art and inspiration are important parts of our society. As a marketer, I've walked the line of art and business. Sometimes tipping into one or the other entirely, but never quite forgetting either.
I originally curated these to help inspire art education and artists in my rural small town. It helped spark a conversation around the economics of the arts and support our local art education centers.
The quotes below are some of my favorites. I hope they will help inspire more patrons to take arts education and buying art locally serious.
Feel free to share these images around the web. Spread the love for art education!
"Creativity will be the currency of the 21st century."
- Gerald Gordon, Ph.D, President/CEO, Fairfax County (Virginia) Economic Development Authority
"Art has the potential to unify. It can speak in many languages without a translator."
- Former Texas Congresswoman Barbara Jordan
"Great art picks up where nature ends."
- Marc Chagall
"Art helps us see connections and brings a more coherent meaning to our world."
- Ernest Boyer, President, Carnegie Foundation
"Especially in difficult economic times, the arts are essential."
- Maria Shriver, Award-Winning Journalist and Author
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
- Albert Einstein
"For anyone to grow up complete, art is imperative."
- Paul Harvey, Broadcaster/Commentator
"Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has ever known."
- Oscar Wilde
"The future belongs to young people with an education and the imagination to create."
- Former President of the United State of America, Barack Obama
"Science and art equally are expressions of man's marvelous plasticity of mind."
- Jacob Bronowski, scientist, formerly of the Salk Institute
"Politicians don't bring people together. Artists do."
- Richard Daley, Former Mayor of Chicago
"The arts are the best insurance policy a city can take on itself."
- Woody Dumas, Former Mayor of Baton Rouge
"The Arts and Sciences have a primary claim to the encouragement of every lover of his country and mankind."
- George Washington, First President of the United State of America
"Life without industry is guilt; industry without art is brutality."
- John Ruskin
"Music, dance, painting, and theater are all keys that unlock profound human understanding and accomplishment."
- William Bennett, Former US Secretary of Education
I hope that these quotes about art education and art's place in society were inspirational. There were thousands more to choose from and I could spend forever sharing my favorites. But I have to go make some art ;)